i want to document everything from my workouts, what i ate during the week, and what is or is not working for me.
i should've started this two years ago after my daughter was born, but i found every excuse i possibly could to get out from changing my life for the good. i am living a life at a very unhealthy weight, my mental state is in bad shape, and my relationship with food is at its worse.
by doing this journal, i want to look back at this 2 to 5 years from now and see the progress that i've made. i hope by documenting everything, it will keep me motivated through the hard times and in hopes motivate others on their journey. i'm staring from scratch. what that really means is that i have no set plan... yet. i have an idea of what i want to do, but i'll also figure things out along the way.
i first want to start by confronting my worse enemy... my excuses. i've come a point where i've exhausted all of my used excuses. in today's post, i've compiled the top 20 of my most used excuses. i believe typing them out and having a place to refer back to will remind me how ridiculous i sound when i use them.
so, here goes...
1. i'm too tired.
2. it's too cold.
3. it's too hot.
4. i need new workout shoes, so once i get new ones then i'll start.
5. i didn't sit down all day today at work.
6. i have too much homework.
7. let me just chill out for a minute after work, then i'll go workout. (i never do)
8. who's going to cook dinner?
9. i have to run an errand, i'm not gonna have enough time.
10. i have no clean workout clothes.
why i haven't changed my eating habits.
1. by the time the meat defrost, it'll be too late to eat.
2. let me eat like this for the entire weekend so i can get it out of my system, then i'll start monday.
3. there's nothing to cook.
4. i have no idea what to cook, so let's just eat out tonight and i'll figure something out tomorrow.
5. there's too many dishes in the sink.
6. i'm not really hungry, so i'll just cook the kids mac n' cheese and sandwiches.
7. i'm not cooking for myself, then have to cook for the kids.
8. i can't just quit cold turkey, it starts with baby steps.
9. it was too busy at work to eat what i cooked, so i just ate what was catered to us/went and got something real quick.
10. i just don't have time to cook a full meal, so let's just eat out tonight, i'll figure something out tomorrow.
can anyone else relate?
in the past two years, i believe i've only worked out maybe 5 times.
there would be weeks where we would literally eat out every single night, Sunday to Sunday because i just have no motivation to cook or i get extremely overwhelmed on what to cook.
i've tried meal prepping, but end up leaving my lunch at home. Or when i do it for dinner, i come home and i'm like, "yeah, i don't feel like eating this... let's get PIZZA!"
what's crazy, when i think about all the times i've used these excuses, i think of how this has become my everyday life. as if this is the norm for me. it has become so bad, my kids are even use to it. i'm usually asked what is for dinner and my two year old will shout out 'Chick-fil-a!"
the use of these excuses has gotten out of control. i know it will be hard to break this habit and start a new fulfilling healthy lifestyle... but, it has to be done.
so follow me on my journey...
check back here often and see if i made any progress. you can also follow me on instagram to see how i'm doing.
i would also love to hear from you! if you have any tips or even words of encouragement, would be greatly appreciated.
until next time... xoxo.